Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th

It's hard to believe 5 years ago today I was in Vegas saying I do. Today started out pretty sad. No tears, but I was pretty down. It's hard to get over knowing he's thinking about me but won't pick up the phone to say hi. Am I ever going to get over this?
Melanie came over to go to lunch which was a pick me up. We got back from Chick fil a and Ella went down for a late nap. Mel helped me make a flag cheesecake to take to Morgan's. Abby woke Ella up, so she was in a funky mood. We headed to Morgan's for a cook out. Her friend Lisa and her boys and niece were there. The babies played outside and then it started sprinkling. The sky looked like it was going to down pour. We ate a great meal and mom and I decided to take the risk and head to Knight's stadium for the baseball game and fireworks. I got tickets yesterday and figured it'd be a good distraction. It was packed!! We had lawn seats and couldn't see the game. Some guy kept talking to mom and it was driving her nuts. Ella was on the move and wanted to run around. And there was no room to. So I took her to the carousel to ride the horsies. After I got back mom said let's leave and go sit on the lawn outside of the stadium. I thought it was a great idea! So we walked around and I'm so glad we did. There were a few people out there, but it wasn't crowded. The fireworks were right above our heads. We couldn't have had a better view. It was the 2nd best firework show I've ever seen! The first was 5 years ago, so I won't get into that. Ella didn't freak out and her jaw was open the first half of the show. They had a bunch of fireworks that I've never seen. I'm loading pictures, so I'll post in the morning. Hope everyone had a great 4th. I'm glad that it's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment