Thursday, October 25, 2007

Perfect baby

We went to the doctor today and she said Ella was perfectly healthy! She weighed 21.8 lbs and is 29 3/4 inches. Which is in the 90-95 percentile. I wasn't too happy with the nurse. She measured Ella and came up with 29 inches. I told her that couldn't be right, she was 28 inches 3 months ago. But she blew me off and said it wasn't accurate anyways and then measured her head. She again wrote the wrong measurement and went back to remeasure. So when she left, I remeasured her height and I was right, there was a 3/4 in. difference. I know it doesn't really matter, but I knew she was wrong and had grown more than an inch! As the doc was looking in Ella's mouth we saw her top right tooth popping through. So that would be the reason she's been so fussy. I asked about her spitting up so much and the doc said there's nothing to worry about, her daughter did the same thing until she was 15 mo. We also talked about the lead/recall/China stuff and she said she would avoid buying anything made in China. And not only children's things! We got into a in depth conversation about that and vaccinations and organic foods. She gave me a list of books to read and some web stuff to research. I couldn't ask for a better pediatrician. I LOVE her!
It's been a rainy day here. I'd be happy about the rain if there wasn't a hole in my roof above Melanie's room. There are steady raindrops falling into a bucket. And we have no money to fix it! So we are going to try and rig it this weekend if it stops raining. If it's not one thing it's another. Speaking of another thing, Outie, my black and white cat, is still sick. He hasn't eaten in 2 days. I've been making sure he gets water, but I'm thinking he might have to go to the vet tomorrow if he doesn't eat tonight. I hope he's ok, I don't know what I'd do if something happened to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment