Friday, August 27, 2010

Buzz Away

The one thing I detest about Charlotte is the mosquitoes! The thirsty blood suckers thrive in my backyard. We've been held hostage in our house all Summer because if you are outside for 2 minutes you will have 10 bites. I mean they even swarm to my car as I'm strapping Ella in! I'm not exaggerating!! Ella was laughing at me "making the squito rest in peace."

Then I was contacted by Buzz Away to do a review. I normally skip bug sprays and just avoid buggy areas, but Ella enjoys playing in the driveway. So I accepted, especially since it is all natural and plant based!

I have to say Buzz Away has a funky citronella smell, but it does the trick and keeps the bugs away!Quantum Health sent me a Citronella Candle, Buzz Away Extreme Spray, and Buzz Away Extreme Towelettes. I loved that each product repels against mosquitoes, ticks, flies, gnats, and no see ums. If you've been with me a while, you might remember my horrifying story about finding 32 ticks on us after leaving my grandparents farm. I know for sure I won't go back without my Buzz Away!

Buzz Away is Deet free and is made with Soybean Oil, Geranium Oil, Castor Oil, Purified Water, Coconut Oil, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Lecithin, Sodium Bicarbonate, Benzoic Acid. In a blend of Essential Oils of Wintergreen, Citronella, Cedarwood, Peppermint, and Lemongrass.

The Buzz Away Extreme Spray is good for up to 4 hours for mosquitoes and 2 1/2 hours for ticks. It's non-greasy and smells pretty much like the Citronella Candle.
The Citronella Candle is petroleum free and produces no soot. It will last up to 20 hours! It's small and can fit into your purse. So it's great for camping, outdoor concerts, barbecues, boating, or even while at the park. We are taking our candle camping in 2 weeks, so I'm hoping to remain bug free!The most convenient Buzz Away Extreme product is the Towelettes. I have loved keeping these in my purse, car, and Ella bag. Yes, she gets her own bag for going out. :) I hate to spray anything on us when we go out, especially if you don't know if there are bugs. So keeping them on hand has proven to be really helpful! We were walking through the woods and started to get bit by mosquitoes. We used the Towelettes and the mosquitoes left us alone!

You can get coupons, rebates, and buy value packs at Quantum Health online!

1 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good line! I usually use the Badger balm, which works pretty well. The smell of citronella is also pretty strong. I don't know if there is any getting around that if you want to use a safer product :(
    Have fun camping - good luck staying unbitten!

    ReplyDelete