It was Curious Chef that gave me the "kitchen theme" idea for Ella's party. She loved their Cookie Kit in November and has been obsessed with cooking ever since. I loved their Ice Cream Sundae Party Kit and thought the kids would enjoy it too. Plus, decorating cookies and cupcakes- you can't go wrong.
Curious Chef is a wonderful cooking utensil store, just for kids. It's hard for little hands to work with adult cooking utensils. Not to mention it makes them feel special they have their own gear. All of the Curious Chef's products are BPA free and meet and exceed the CPSC testing standards.
Curious Chef sent us the 22 Piece Sundae Sleepover Kit. The kit comes with a mixing spoon, ice cream scoop, 4 silicone pinch bowls, 4 ice cream bowls, 4 float mugs and 4 party hats with aprons. The thing about a party with 3 year olds is that they are very opinionated and only do what they want. I tried to get them to wear the aprons and hats, but Ella had to wear pink and no one else wanted to participate. I think that over the summer the kit will be even more of a success, especially since the kids won't be in sugar overload. But, personally, I can't wait to make a root-beer float this weekend! The bowls are a perfect fit for 5 to 6 scoops of ice cream and the pinch bowls hold more than enough sprinkles. The pinch bowls where also great for toppings for the cupcakes and cookies too. We used both the Cookie kit and Sundae kit while preparing for the party. We used the butterfly and star cookie cutters for her cookies and Maple Cinnamon Crisps. I love the shapes!! We also used the rolling pin when baking the cookies. They are truly the perfect size for small hands. :)
Ella's organic ice cream sundae included: organic vanilla bean ice cream, a strawberry cupcake with cream cheese icing, sprinkles, coconut and chocolate sauce. I had a chocolate cupcake with mine and it was soooo yummy!
The Giveaway: Curious Chef would like to give 1 lucky winner a 3 Quart Mixing Bowl SetRules: You have until 11:59 p.m. EST February 7, 2010 to enter. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced after they respond to the winning email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the winning email, or a new winner will be chosen. You must leave your email address! This contest is open to the US
How to Enter: Go to Curious Chef and tell me something else you like! Make sure you leave your email address!! I cannot contact the winner without it!
EXTRA Entries: You must complete the "How To Enter" before making any extra entries. Make sure you leave a comment for each extra entry and tell me which one.
2. Become a fan of Mkokopelli on FB, Mkokopelli on Twitter, or Follow my blog
3. Subscribe to my blog by email (on the right sidebar) You must verify and be active at the time of the giveaway- those who are unverified will become disqualified
4. Blog, Tweet or send a message on FB and leave a link here (1 entry per day)
5. Enter another giveaway I have going on and tell me which one or leave a comment on a non-giveaway post (1 entry total)
6. Become a Fan of Curious Chef on Facebook
7. Tell me your favorite recipe on Curious Chef
8. Follow Curious Chef on Twitter
9. Tell me something you learned on the Curious Chef website
10. Grab my button and post on your blog, Facebook page, or myspace page and link back in a comment
New disclaimer: I was sent these items to review from Curious Chef. This in NO way changes my opinions about the products or company. These are my thoughts, opinions and results.