Thursday, November 19, 2009

Where did the time go?

So in 2 months- to the day- my little girl will be turning 3. This is really hard to digest. I honestly don't know where the time has gone it has flown by so quickly. I can't imagine what it would feel like if I had worked a full time job during this time, because I feel like I've missed so much- and yet I've been here 24 hours a day. Does that make any sense?

I just got a Shutterfly book of Ella from last year and as I was going through the pictures, I couldn't remember specifics of her being that age. I have over 3,000 pictures and 7 DVD's full of memories, and yet it all seems so distant. I never listened when everyone told me to cherish the baby moments because they fly by... and now I'm sitting here wondering how she grew up so fast.

Trust me, I did cherish the moments. I did hold her every second that I could, knowing one day she would be too big to hold in my arms. But still, that's not enough. When she was 7 months old, I couldn't wait for her to crawl. When she was 11 months, I couldn't wait for her to walk. And now that she's almost 3, I want her to be 8 months old again so I could stop wishing for the monumental moments and just enjoy the moment. How come we don't listen when other mothers pass on this wisdom? But, the only monumental moment I look forward to now is the terrible 2's being over! I don't think I could ever miss this stage.

1 comments:

  1. I definitely know what you mean. My son will be 2 next month and I just can't hardly believe it. He's has grown so fast. Makes my heart hurt.

    ReplyDelete