Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Would have had more fun at the pumpkin patch

I would have much rather have been at the pumpkin patch than finding a neurologist and dealing with that. But, such is life. Ella was in a pretty good mood this morning and let me search away. We watched Nemo for the first time in weeks. After Ella's nap we ran to the grocery store to get food for dinner and some milk. Well, I really just wanted a Starbucks to pick me up and knew we needed some other stuff at the store. I don't know if I'm depressed from knowing I have to go to a neurologist or I'm tired because I feel like crap. After we got back, the landscaper that took out our shrubs came over to give us a quote for fixing up our flower bed. Ella really liked the guy. She ran up to him and gave him a hug. Which we all know she doesn't do. He sat down and drew a chalk house for her and talked to her for a while. I really hope we can afford to use him. I like he's a small business owner and so personal. BTW, he wasn't the hot guy. :) Ella started to act out by the time he was finishing up, so she went into her high chair as we finished up. We then watched her alphabet movie and I got lazy and didn't want to cook dinner so we went to Chick fil a. Mom had a dinner meeting, so I decided to save what I bought today for tomorrow. After dinner I needed to run by Michaels to pick up some scrapping tape. They had scary decor out in the middle isles that you had to walk past at the front of the store. I didn't strap Ella in her stroller because we were only going to be there a minute and she FREAKED out. She turned around and climbed to the top of the stroller as I was walking around to pick her up... that's how scared she was. I picked her up and she was shaking. She held on to me so tight that I let go of her and she was still holding on. She didn't scream but looked terrified. I walked up to one of the less scary things and tried to tell her it wasn't real and was just plastic. She didn't buy it. So we got the tape and went to the check out lane which was right in front of the scary stuff, so going in the stroller wasn't an option. I'm thinking we aren't going to be able to Trick or Treat this year. The way she's acting I think it would be torture rather than fun. I'm sad for two reasons- 1- I hate she's scared, 2- It's my favorite holiday. Well, it ties with Chrismas. We got home and it was bed time. I read 6 books and rocked her in hopes she'd forget the stuff she just saw. I even left her fairy light on. Nope. When I put her in her crib she freaked out. I walked out thinking she'd cry for a minute then fall asleep. When I went back up she was shaking, her heart was racing, tears were coming out. So I got into her crib with her and calmed her down. 20 minutes later I left and she still freaked out. So I took her milk. Didn't work. 15 minutes later I went back and brought Outie into her room thinking he might calm her. Nope. So I sat with her for another 5 minutes then came back downstairs. She finally fell asleep at 8:30. I think tomorrow I'm going to get her a book about being scared. I don't know how to explain it so she can understand. Well, I'm off to bed. I'm sure she's going to wake up in an hour and I'm not going to get much sleep tonight. Stupid scary stuff! 3 weeks ago she thought the skeletons were funny. I don't get what changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment