Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stars

You think it'd be easy to find glow in the dark stars.... of course not for me. I looked around yesterday and couldn't find them. I went to Target today since I needed some other stuff, but mainly went for the stars and they didn't have them. I thought the stars would distract Ella and maybe help her sleep. I also looked for a night light, but only could find one in the Christmas department! Umm, Halloween hasn't even passed yet and Christmas stuff is out. There is something wrong with that. But it's a cute Tinker bell light with snowflakes that you really can't make out from a distance. But, after installing it, it stinks and doesn't give off enough light. GO FIGURE! I did get Ella a leash from Target. LOL! We're taking our annual mountain trip this year and wanted to be safe. And now we can go to the mall and I can let her loose. Target didn't have quite a few things I went for, so I was bummed. We went to Toys R Us to find the stars and as I was walking out, giving up on the venture, I saw them in the check out lane.
Woody and Judi came down tonight and it was a nice but short visit. Ella was in a great mood, go figure. I think it was mostly delirium from being up way past her bed time. But, hey, whatever works. She enjoyed showing off for them and they loved every minute of it. I wish we were closer so we could spend more time together! Ella fell asleep pretty quickly when they left. I'm not sure if it was because she was so tired, the stars or light. I did find a Tinker Bell radio at Toys R Us so if all else fails, I can try music. It would ideally make a good Christmas present, but I want to stick with presents for her playroom. I think in the next week or so I'm going to start working on getting it ready to paint. We're not going to do the stage or dance bar this year. But we're going to section it off into a kitchen area, baby doll area and doll house area. Then I can sit and work on my calendar while she plays or maybe even get to read a book! You might ask why I don't do that in my basement, but there is too much stuff down here she's not supposed to get into that she does. Like standing on the piano or stealing my scrapbook stuff. I have to keep an eye on her at all times and can't get sucked into something. Well, I'm heading to bed. Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment