Wednesday, August 6, 2008

a needed funny

Today was a rough day to say the least. Miss Ella refused to nap and stayed in her crib for almost 3 hours. It did give me time to clean and try to relax, but kind of hard to do with a screaming baby on the monitor. I'm too paranoid to turn it off in case she finally jumps out. Before her nap, we were upstairs and I was sitting in her rocking chair and Outie was sitting on my lap. Ella walks up and tells him to get down and pushes him off. He runs to the hallway and she starts yelling at him to get "back here! Outie back here right now!" Can I say bossy?
I finally got her out of her crib and fed her lunch. I brought her downstairs because I though putting her in her crib wouldn't work, and she starts throwing tantrums about everything. Mainly because she couldn't get a pair of shoes on. I called Rachael in need to vent and she said come on over. So we did and I'm glad we did. Ella was in a better mood, yet still spunky. Which leads to my funny.... Rachael has a tattoo on her arm and was wearing a tank top so you could see it. Ella walked up to her and pointed to it and started saying tattoo. Then she asks her with this quizzical look, "poop poop on the potty?" OMG I about lost it. Can you imagine the poor person she goes up to and asks if they poop on the potty for their tattoo? That never even came to mind when I started giving her Nemo tattoos for going potty. And she's seen mine and never said a word. Maybe you had to be there to get the true humor in it. But it made my day. We hung out there for about 2 hours and headed home. She finally fell asleep in the car- at 4:45! I called mom and asked if she wanted 5 Guys, so we drove there to give her a few extra minutes of sleep. Thankfully she went right down tonight. She hasn't been sleeping too well. She wakes up when I go to bed then gets up again at 4 then again at 7. I'm going to blame her teeth once again and thankfully it's the last one for 6 more months. If this keeps up, I'm going to go insane. I need a day away from being a mommy, and I think it's coming up soon. I know the heat is playing a major role, but her temper is pretty bad. But, she still says the cutest things that make me laugh- even when I'm boiling mad- and that's all that matters in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment