Thursday, June 9, 2016

Postpartum Me


I have a passion for learning and writing. Those were the two things that started me on this blogging journey 7 years ago. Eventually I landed a freelance job because of the blog and it has been hard finding a balance between writing for me, writing for work, and family time.

My husband and I lost a baby last year when I just had gotten into the second trimester and had finally felt relief. If you haven't followed my journey, this was my 8th loss. So I was pretty devastated. We got pregnant right after the loss and now I have a beautiful 5 month old baby girl to complete our family. But I never gave myself time to grieve. I was paranoid my whole pregnancy. After baby girl got here, I was a mess. It doesn't help having a three year old in the mix!

I have an amazing OB who took one look at me and suggested I go on meds and that was the best thing I could have done for my family. I am slowly feeling like myself again and am ready to jump back in to writing for me. But I'm still searching for my balance between work, family and friends, and me. It's funny how moms put themselves at the bottom of the totem pole and do what is best for everyone else.

I'm not sure what direction Mkokopelli is going to take this year. I will still offer reviews, hopefully will have a few investigative writing essays/ natural parent articles, and I am going to begin to share more of my crazy world with an Aspie girl, a smart & wild 3 yr old and an infant. Hope you stick around for the journey!









No comments:

Post a Comment