Tuesday, January 10, 2012

O'Brother Garden Window

Before I had E I lived for music. I went to live shows ALL of the time. I bought at least 3 new albums a month. I loved unwinding (or cleaning) listening to new jams on my computer or on my stereo. I love to relate music to my life in some way to give it a new outlook. My all time favorite band is Tool. I've been a huge fan for the past 17 years. (that made me feel really old!) So when I read about the new band O'Brother and how Alternative Press compared the vocals to Tool, I knew I had to check them out.

Here is one of the more calmer songs, "Lay Down," for those of you who aren't big rock fans :) There are a few more video's on You Tube or you can check out AOL to hear the full album. But Garden Window hit stores today, so you can purchase on iTunes if you like them! I let several friends hear them at my house and they were majorly impressed!

When asked about their influences, O'Brother responded, "We all consciously or subconsciously think, speak, and act based on what influences us. We look for inspiration to get us through tough times while realizing our past experiences have a stronghold on how we now see the world. If you had the opportunity to sit down and reflect on what you believe and who you have become, your main influences will emerge. Imagine trying to capture this experience. You transcribe it for either your own pleasure or catharsis. Finally, you etch your name into this work that significantly represents a time in your life and release it." This is seriously felt throughout the album. You can hear their influences, yet with their own unique take on things.

When I listed to the Garden Window it reminded me of Tool, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, and Deftones. O'Brother's style has a techno, punk, rock, metal vibe that's high frequency, hypnotic and makes you want to move. Each song has a different style which I love! I can only image what an amazing performance they put on live. You can check out their Facebook page for their tour details. I wish they were coming to NC!

If you are interested in something a little funky, different yet familiar, be sure to check out O'Brother's new album Garden Window. The 11 track album will leave you wanting more! If you like it, come back and tell me! I love sharing new tunes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment