Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Today I'm Thankful

Last night my little kiddo completely shocked me when she asked if she could say a prayer at dinner. She cupped her tiny hands together and said, "I am thankful for my great home, thankful for my nice good family, thankful for my friends I can play with,  thankful for all things good, I'm thankful for love, I'm thankful that I have a beautiful heart, and thankful I can love with all my heart."Of course I was in tears by the end of her prayer...

I was awoken at 5 a.m. by my sweet little girl and was instantly a grouch. This mama needs a good night sleep and it didn't help I was up working until 12 a.m. I then let the dogs outside and saw all of the leaves on the ground.
I was instantly thankful that my mom didn't blow the leaves yesterday and I had one more day to enjoy their beauty. I felt peaceful just like I do when I see a fresh sheet of snow on the ground- just not so cold. I saw a tree with just a few leaves hanging on, and it reminded me how we all need to let go of our leaves (baggage) and prepare for the holidays and new year. The leaves in my backyard that are remaining have dimmed, yet on a cloudy day like this, they remind me of why I love Fall. I'm so  thankful we get all 4 seasons here in NC.
Then my sweet puppies came inside and laid down on the new EarthDog hemp blanket I won from The Ultimate Green Store (you are awesome! thank u!) and became even more thankful that we have our Sadie back.  She wasn't living with us for 8 months, and now has returned. I am beyond thankful my mom allowed her into our home because she is an amazing presence. And I am thankful E's grandparents raise such beautiful dogs and gave her to us.
 I am also thankful for the puddles my little jumping bean could play in today and that she had the gear to do so. Seeing her smile and giggle is something to be thankful for all in itself. E is one of the most special children I've ever met- and I don't say that because she is my own. Everyone who meets her melts- and that goes for the 99% of strangers she goes up and talks to randomly.
I am incredibly thankful for my mom. I could make this list very long- but without her there is no way I could be the mom that I am today. Being a single parent is hard. She was one and now so am I. She has made it possible for me to stay at home with E for the past 4 years and I don't know how I could ever repay her for doing this. I have no idea how I could take E to therapy twice a week while working full time from an office. I praise those parents with special needs children who do have to work and juggle therapy, school, and regular life. You amaze me! I get to work from home and can take my computer wherever we go- which without my mom being here for us- I don't think could have happened. Speaking of therapy- I am beyond thankful that we the resources to go to the best doctors here that are helping E in amazing ways!

Of course I am thankful for all of you and everyone who has taught me so much in the eco world. There are so many of you out there that inspire me, support me, and keep me going. I wish I had more time to write and research!  I thank each of you for being so patient and sticking with me!! I promise- I will get my groove back ;)

Lastly, I am thankful for all of the companies and organizations that are fighting for non-toxic products, reform, and making this world a safe place for our children. Especially Healthy Child, Healthy World,  Safer Chemicals Healthy Families, Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, and Moms Clean Air Force to name a few... 

So what are you thankful for?

*I am a blogger for Healthy Child, Healthy World and this is part of our What Are you Thankful For posts... though, I truly had to urge to be thankful today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment