Fall is my favorite time of the year. The cool crisp air, light weight clothing that is comforting, beautiful vibrant colors, and sweet pumpkin scents... ah.. I can't wait!! My favorite fabric in the Fall is bamboo. The fabric is light weight, soft and luxurious, the fabric keeps you warm when it's cool and cool when it's warm, and it has natural UV protection. There are other qualities- but the FTC won't allow us to talk about them...
You can read some of my previous reviews about bamboo here: Bamboosa vs. FTC, Bamboosa Baby Blanket
One of my favorite bamboo clothing companies is Bamboosa. They make certified organic bamboo baby clothing and accessories, kid socks, accessories, soap bars, bamboo powder, and adult clothing right here in America... Actually, they are only 3 hours from me in SC! I got the chance to tour the facility last year and was beyond impressed! Here is a short video shot for Franklin Goose when I was working for them.
The Bamboosa factory is so safe, I even got to have E with me! She had a Franklin Goose tee shirt made from a women's XS and it fit perfectly. It has been one of her favorite tees. So I contacted them a year later, in hopes maybe they had extended their child line. Sadly, they haven't yet, but still sent me a XS tee with a BambooBaby Print E for Earth design on it for E!
Isn't that sweet? It's a tiny bit big, but super cute and will make a great playtime tee or even night shirt! The BambooBaby Prints run in sizes S (0-6 mo.), M (6-12 mo.), L (12-18 mo.). You can choose from short sleeved or long sleeved should lap tees, onesies, or cuddlesac. E is in 6T clothing and the XS woman size tee fits her. The short sleeve fit her when she was in 4T clothing. You might have to alter the long sleeve tee for you kiddo if you like it as much as I do!!
They also threw in a few Bamboo tees and a Slip Sleep for me!! I am in love with how they feel! I will be back with pictures of me later. :)
Bamboosa also has amazing bamboo socks! The are super stretchy, so kids (and even my big feet!) fit into the size 4-6. E refuses to take them off they are so soft and comfy!
Keep your kids feet dry and cool in our Bamboosa ankle socks! Super absorbent and soft, try these Bamboosa socks to keep small feet warm and cozy. Socks fit kids size 6-10 and are very stretchy. 85% Viscose from Organic Bamboo/15% Lycra Sandwich Terry
- Wicks and evaporates sweat and doesn't stick to the skin
- Excellent permeability, keeping your feet comfortable and dry
- Breathable and cool in hot weather
- Thermal regulating, keep your feet significantly warmer in cold weather
- Highly absorbent, causing feet to stay fresher and odor free
- Soft on You, Easy on the Earth™
Machine wash, mild soap, cold or warm water and tumble dry.
Made in the USA.
GIVEAWAY: Bamboosa would like to give one lucky winner 2 pairs of bamboo Kids Socks- one Purely Natural and Basic Black!
Rules: You have until 11:59 p.m. EST September 30, 2011 to enter. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced after they respond to the winning email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the winning email, or a new winner will be chosen. You must leave your email address! This contest is open to the US and Canada!
How to Enter: Go to Bamboosa and tell me your favorite item. Click on "Comments" to leave your post. Make sure to leave your email address!! I cannot contact the winner without it!
EXTRA entries: You must complete the "How To Enter" before making any extra entries. Make sure you leave a comment for each extra entry and tell me which one.
2. Become a fan of Mkokopelli on FB, Follow Mkokopelli on Twitter, Follow my blog on GFC, Follow on tumblr, Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry for each one)
3. Subscribe to my blog by email (on the right sidebar) You must verify and be active at the time of the giveaway- those who are unverified will become disqualified (3 entries)
4. Blog, Tweet, or send a message on FB and leave a link here (1 entry per day)5. Become a fan of Bamboosa on Facebook
6. Follow Bamboosa on Twitter
7. Tell me something you learned on Bamboosa
8. Leave a message on the Bamboosa blog and link back