Bamboo has been one of my favorite fabrics this year. I love organic cotton, but organic bamboo is much softer. The great thing about bamboo is that it wicks away moisture from the skin and keeps you 10 degrees cooler or warmer depending upon the weather. This is why bamboo is great for socks, pajamas, blankets, and jackets. Bamboo can hold up to 3 times its weight in water. This is why bamboo diapers, towels, and wash cloths are so awesome!
I came across Baby U R Precious and was really intrigued by their bamboo velour. It is made up of 70% bamboo, 28% organic cotton, and 2% polyester in the backing. Baby R U Precious makes baby blankets in 3 sizes, burp cloths, towels, wash cloths, bibs, and amazing gift baskets. I've been doing a lot of researching and have figured out Ella and I both have SPD. Hopefully at the beginning of the year we're going to work with a OT. We both have been very sensitive to fabrics, which makes it really hard to find an awesome cuddle blanket. The Baby U R Precious bamboo velour was said to be better than chenille, so we had to try it out.
We got the Oversized Crib Blanket and it is amazing! I absolutely love the sheen. It looks and feels almost like velvet. Ella got the Strawberry Creme blanket and it shimmers in the light making it iridescent. It is very thick and would be awesome to swaddle a little one in. The Oversized Crib Blanket is 30X43 which is a great size for toddlers. The stitching is flawless and it looks like it is built to withstand time. I washed it and it still looks and feels brand new.
Ella loves it! It has become her couch "flunky." That is what she calls blankets. :) You can get the blanket in Icy Blue, Strawberry Creme, Lucious Lime, Lemon Zest, or Hot Chocolate. They remind me of ice cream flavor for some reason! You can get the Oversized Crib Blanket for only $52. This would be a fabulous organic baby holiday gift!!
All of the Baby R U Precious products are made out of the same super soft material!
Giveaway: Baby R U Precious organic baby gifts would like give 1 LUCKY winner a washcloth gift bundle- that includes 3 baby wash cloths and 2 adult wash cloths!!
Rules: You have until 11:59 p.m. EST December 20, 2010 to enter. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced after they respond to the winning email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the winning email, or a new winner will be chosen. You must leave your email address! This contest is open to the US
How to Enter: Tell me your favorite product from Baby U R Precious. Make sure you leave your email address!! I cannot contact the winner without it!
EXTRA Entries: You must complete the "How To Enter" before making any extra entries. Make sure you leave a comment for each extra entry and tell me which one.
2. Become a fan of Mkokopelli on FB, Follow Mkokopelli on Twitter, or Follow my blog (2 entries for each one)
3. Subscribe to my blog by email (on the right sidebar) You must verify and be active at the time of the giveaway- those who are unverified will become disqualified (3 entries)
4. Blog, Tweet or send a message on FB and leave a link here (1 entry per day)
5. Enter another giveaway I have going on and tell me which one or leave a comment on a non-giveaway post (1 entry for each 1)
6. "Like" Baby U R Precious on Facebook (2 entries)
7. Sign up for the Baby U R Precious Newsletter (3 Entries)
8. Follow Baby U R Precious on Twitter (2 entries)
9. Become a public follower of Baby U R Precious Blog (2 entries)
10. Make a purchase from Baby U R Precious (10 entries)
Disclaimer: I was given the Oversized Blanket to review by BURP. This in NO way changes how I feel about the product. These are my thoughts and opinions.