When I've done reviews for Little Green Books in the past, I've always overlooked Nickelodeon's The Big Green Help books since Ella didn't know the characters. They have eco-friendly books dedicated to SpongeBob, Dora the Explorer, Blues Clues, Diego, and the Wonder Pets. This is a great idea for children who are into the Nick characters and will allow them to be open to the "green" message. Especially if it's their favorite character teaching them the lessons! Each book is like the other Little Green Books and are printed on recycled paper with 100% vegetable inks. They are vibrant colors and the illustrations are just as clear as on the show.
Wonder Pets Save the Tree! is based on the 2006 episode that won the Environmental Media Award for Children's Animated Television. The story is about the Wonder Pets going to save a little tree in a dirty lot. They arrive in a city lot that is filled with lots of trash. They all work together to clean up the lot, but the tree's leaves start to fall. The Wonder Pets then call in for reinforcements and other animals come to help save the day. By using team work they plant a whole garden and save the tree. Very cute, short, and to the point. It was seriously like watching an episode!
I love at the beginning of the book there are great ideas on how children can help save trees. I remember my mom always telling me not to waste paper, but I never understood why. I like that it has Ming-Ming leaving the message so it really does reach out and touch your child. Ella caught on to the message and has been asking to water the plants every time we are outside. And she uses both sides of her paper while drawing and then asks to recycle it.
You can purchase Save the Trees! for only $4.99 at Simon & Schuster.
The Giveaway: Little Green Books would like to give 4 lucky winners a copy of Save the Trees!
Rules: You have until 11:59 p.m. EST May 10, 2010 to enter. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced after they respond to the winning email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the winning email, or a new winner will be chosen. You must leave your email address! This contest is open only to the US
How to Enter: Go to Little Green Books and tell me another title you'd love to share with your child. Make sure to leave your email address!! I cannot contact the winner without it!
EXTRA entries: You must complete the "How To Enter" before making any extra entries. Make sure you leave a comment for each extra entry and tell me which one.
2. Become a fan of Mkokopelli on FB, Follow Mkokopelli on Networked Blogs, Follow Mkokopelli on Twitter, or Follow my blog (1 each)
3. Subscribe to my blog by email (on the right sidebar) You must verify and be active at the time of the giveaway- those who are unverified will become disqualified
4. Blog, Tweet or send a message on FB and leave a link here (1 entry per day)
5. Enter another giveaway I have going on and tell me which one or leave a comment on a non-giveaway post (1 entry total)
6. Go to The Big Green Help and take the pledge, tell me a daily green tip, 1 of the 5 elements, or something else that you learned
7. Become a Fan of Simon & Schuster on Facebook
8. Subscribe to the Little Green Blog RSS Feed
9. Tell me what you or your child scored on The Big Green Quiz
10. Grab my button and post on your blog, Facebook page, or myspace page and link back in a comment
New disclaimer: I was sent this item to review from Little Green Books. This in NO way changes my opinions about the products or company. These are my thoughts, opinions and results.