Earthlust bottles are made with 100% stainless steel. They range from $16-$24, and are well worth the price. I looked around and found a set of 5 aluminum bottles valued at $22. Most people would opt for the multiple cheaper bottles thinking that they both are eco-friendly and still an alternative for plastic. But, what many people don't know is that aluminum needs to be protected from beverage erosion with a lining. Companies use epoxy resins to line the bottles (or cans) which commonly contain BPA. I'm sure you all are aware of the dangers of BPA, but I will name a few health concerns directly being linked: ADD, ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, learning disabilities, diabetes, obesity, cancer, hormone disruption, and infertility. It's so easy for people to turn their shoulders to this danger because BPA can't be seen or truly tasted. Even though I have to say a bottled beverage or sauce tastes a million times better than a canned one. But BPA is a major threat- especially to our children. Luckily, there are stainless steel bottles like Earthlust that need NO linings and they keep your beverage pure.
Earthlust also has limited edition art work on each bottle. They are custom designed and are printed with non-toxic inks. The cap is made with #5 plastic- polypropylene which is BPA, phthalate, and PVC free. You can download the product test results here.
What I love about Earthlust bottles is the clip on the top. Here is my model showing off our new bottles:She obviously approves. We received the 1 Liter Silver Crow and 20 Oz. Swallow bottles. The Silver Crow bottle is too large to fit into a pocket in my new Dandelion tote, but it hooks perfectly to the key ring and the bottom of my backpack. The Swallow bottle is perfect to attach to your belt loop and it fits in cup pouches on bags.
Earthlust also carries a 13 oz bottle which is great for toddlers. Sport tops are available instead of the hooks if you prefer that over drinking directly out of the bottle. Next Fall I am going to have to get the Insulated Mug to keep my coffee in! It looks amazing. You can find other various eco-friendly related products at Earthlust and be on the look out for their new birds&bees line!
The Giveaway: Earthlust would like to give 1 lucky winner a 20 Oz. bottle of their choice!! Rules: You have until 11:59 p.m. EST May 10, 2010 to enter. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced after they respond to the winning email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the winning email, or a new winner will be chosen. You must leave your email address! This contest is open to the US and Canada!
How to Enter: Tell me which Earthlust 20 Oz. bottle you would pick if you won. Make sure to leave your email address!! I cannot contact the winner without it!
EXTRA entries: You must complete the "How To Enter" before making any extra entries. Make sure you leave a comment for each extra entry and tell me which one.
2. Become a fan of Mkokopelli on FB, Follow Mkokopelli on Networked Blogs, Follow Mkokopelli on Twitter, or Follow my blog (1 each)
3. Subscribe to my blog by email (on the right sidebar) You must verify and be active at the time of the giveaway- those who are unverified will become disqualified
4. Blog, Tweet or send a message on FB and leave a link here (1 entry per day)
5. Enter another giveaway I have going on and tell me which one or leave a comment on a non-giveaway post (1 entry total)
6. Become a Fan of Earthlust on Facebook
7. Tell me where you can find Earthlust bottles in a store near you
8. Tell me something you learned about Earthlust as a company
9. Visit the Earthlust library and tell me something you learned
10. Grab my button and post on your blog, Facebook page, or myspace page and link back in a comment
New disclaimer: I was sent these items to review from Earthlust. This in NO way changes my opinions about the products or company. These are my thoughts, opinions and results.