Did you wear green today? I wore a green tee shirt even though I didn't leave the house. I usually wear something subtle on St. Patty's Day since green isn't really my color. Though, I have no issues with green jewelry! Since my mom loves jewelry and hasn't had the chance to really benefit from the review products we get, I gave her my new Moonrise Jewelry earrings.These Cherrystone Earrings are handmade in Virginia by Moonrise Jewelry. The materials were bought through Fair Trade and are renewable, recycled, or reclaimed. The earrings are green recycled glass with sterling silver ear wires. They are small, yet they stand out. My mom said they were light and comfortable. Some dangley earrings pull on your lobes and get uncomfortable after wearing them for long periods. I really like that you can wear them with anything. They looked great with my mom's business attire, but could go with jeans and a tee. You can get the Cherrystone Earrings for only $25!
Moonrise Jewelry has an excellent selection of Eco-friendly, Fair Trade jewelry. They also carry exquisite real orchid blossom jewelry! Moonrise Jewelry makes sure that:
- Every gem is mined through a low-impact mining process
- No child labor is used during any process
- No forces or exploitative labor is used
- Safe working conditions are observed and maintained
- Stones are untreated and natural
- Gemstones are mined by hand using basic tools
- That the mining and polishing process meets and exceeds with the progressive environmental protection standards
If you love Moonrise Jewelry, you can even throw a Online E-Party! This is a great way to earn money for a charity or yourself. And it's easy! All you have to do is contact Moonrise Jewelry and let them know when you'd like to throw the party. They will send you invites to forward to your guests. After the party, they will send your guests their jewelry and you a check for 15% of the total sales- along with a GC for free jewelry!
The Giveaway: Moonrise Jewelry would like to give 1 lucky winner a $25 gift certificate to their store so you can choose your favorite piece!
Rules: You have until 11:59 p.m. EST April 2, 2010 to enter. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced after they respond to the winning email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the winning email, or a new winner will be chosen. You must leave your email address! This contest is open to the US and Canada
How to Enter: Tell me what you'd get with the gift certificate or your favorite Moonrise piece. Make sure to leave your email address!! I cannot contact the winner without it!
EXTRA entries: You must complete the "How To Enter" before making any extra entries. Make sure you leave a comment for each extra entry and tell me which one.
2. Become a fan of Mkokopelli on FB, Follow Mkokopelli on Networked Blogs, Follow Mkokopelli on Twitter, or Follow my blog (1 each)
3. Subscribe to my blog by email (on the right sidebar) You must verify and be active at the time of the giveaway- those who are unverified will become disqualified
4. Blog, Tweet or send a message on FB and leave a link here (1 entry per day)
5. Enter another giveaway I have going on and tell me which one or leave a comment on a non-giveaway post (1 entry total)
6. Sign up for the Moonrise Jewelry Email list
7. Become a fan of Moonrise Jewelry on Facebook
8. Tell me the closest place near you that you can find Moonrise Jewelry
9. Tell me something you like about the Moonrise Jewelry site- there's lot to love
10. Grab my button and post on your blog, Facebook page, or myspace page and link back in a comment
New disclaimer: I was sent this to review from Moonrise Jewelry. This in NO way changes my opinions about the products or company. These are my thoughts, opinions and results.