Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas

So I had hoped to spend my week off enjoying the holidays and getting into the spirit. Well, the kiddo and I have been sick the majority of the week. She still has a cough and our temps have been low grade. So no need for meds or docs. I had planned on doing lots of baking, but we only got around to making gingerbread men for Santa. And we were even slack in doing that by using premade icing. So Ella had her first artificial icing fix, which made her throw up... in the car.. stuck in traffic on a lights tour. Fun times. :)

Christmas Eve, after we made cookies, we drove to McAdenville which is about 30 minutes from here. It's a small town that is very festive with lights, decor and music. To get off the exit we had to wait in a half a mile line, which wasn't so bad until Ella threw up. She didn't know what happened and wasn't too happy about it. But, there was no turning around and we had to complete the journey. It turned out to be a lot of fun and the lights were pretty cool. After we made it through, we decided to go visit a Santa house since Ella had calmed down.The house owner dresses up as Santa every night in December and hands out candy canes to all of the visitors. Well, Ella really freaked out once she saw him. She's been scared of Santa for 2 years, but I thought we were over it when she finally sat on his lap (without screaming bloody murder) this year. I guess she freaked out a little more since she wasn't sure about Santa coming into her house and she lost it when she saw him. This lasted all the way home and until she fell asleep. She didn't want to leave him milk and cookies, but I still made her. I tried reading 'Twas The Night Before Christmas, which is a tradition for us, and she screamed the whole time. But I continued reading. And after she cried herself to sleep, it was still worth it.

When she woke up Christmas morning I asked if she wanted to see if Santa came and she replied, "no thank you. I'm just fine." But my mom convinced her to go downstairs and she really wanted to see if he ate the cookies. That explains the video I posted earlier. Now she loves Santa and has shown everyone that has come by what he brought her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment