Sunday, November 1, 2009

I'm back :)

I wish I could say I got some much needed R&R these past 2 days that I've avoided the computer. But this is the first time I've gotten to sit down. I wasn't excited about Halloween this year for so many reasons. The main ones were, 1- I don't give Ella candy (I know-such a mean mom) and didn't like the idea of letting her get a bag full of junk. 2- Halloween just isn't Eco-friendly. Think about all of the wrappers that are trashed- not to mention all of the spider webbing that won't get reused. There are many more things to go in that category, but I'll leave it at that. And 3- Ella has been terrified of the scary costumes and decor while we've been out all month and told me many times she didn't want to go trick-or-treating. So that solved my dilemma and I figured we could just skip it all together. Well, 2 days before Halloween Ella changed her mind and REALLY wanted to go. Luckily my aunt bought her a costume, so she was set. Her excitement got me excited, so we had to go all out. :)

We made organic carrot cupcakes with carrot spider legs and licorice bodies. I do have to say they were the best cupcakes I've ever made! I carved a Tinker Bell pumpkin and made more pumpkin seeds. We went out and got organic suckers and animal crackers to hand out. I got out my scary outside decor out and hung our skeleton and tombstones. This was all on Friday.

We went to a Halloween party on the big day and Ella was adorable in her bumble bee costume. After we got done with our neighborhood party/dinner and it was time to trick-or-treat it started pouring down rain! We were about 4 blocks and quite a few steep hills away from our house, so we just decided to trick-or-treat in the rain. Maybe it had something to do with the hard cider my neighbors were giving out... but we managed and had a blast. Fingers are crossed neither of us get sick!!! Here are a few other pics of the event:Yes, I dressed up as a Goth mommy... I didn't have time to get more creative :)

So do you have any Halloween stories? What did your kiddos dress up as? I'd love to hear what you did!

1 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Ella is a cute little bee. What a nice costume. Michelle, that is a very pretty picture of you also...although I like Ella's happiness and energy. It is so visible....love it.
    Marj M.

    ReplyDelete