Who doesn't love lip balm? Especially in the colder months when the wind is harsh. I'm a lip balm freak! You'll find various lip balms scattered throughout my house, car, and stashed in multiple purses. I'm always on a search for the most perfect lip balm. When my lips are really chapped and dry I use Medela Lanolin nipple ointment. I have a bottle left over from when breast feeding and thought if it worked for my nipples, why wouldn't it work for my lips? And it truly works! But, I feel odd walking around with a tube of nipple ointment in my purse and do love flavored lip balms.
I found eos through Free Sample Freak when they were giving away free sweet mint lip balm smooth spheres. I contacted them to find out if they'd like to participate in a review and giveaway and was sent a vanilla bean lip balm stick and a sweet mint smooth sphere. I love the smooth sphere. The shape is totally different from all lip balms I've ever tried. The sweet mint is refreshing- especially in colder temps. The sphere almost glows and is easy to find in your purse. It doesn't really fit well in your pocket, but the lip balm stick does.
Both are made with 95% certified organics and 100% natural ingredients. They are packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil. eos keeps my lips feeling smooth for about an hour. Which is definitely longer than most brands. The sphere's come in 3 different flavors- sweet mint, summer fruit, and honeysuckle honeydew. The stick comes in pomegranate raspberry, vanilla bean, and sweet mint.
Here are the ingredients:
INGREDIENTS: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (cire d'abeille)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol.
*ORGANIC Certified organic by VOF. NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
eos also sells shaving cream and in 2010 they will release a lotion!
The Giveaway: eos would like to offer 1 lucky reader 2 sweet mint smooth spheres
Rules: You have until 11:59 p.m. EST October 26, 2009 to enter. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced after they respond to the winning email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the winning email, or a new winner will be chosen. You must leave your email address! This contest is open only to the US
EXTRA entries: You must complete the "How To Enter" before making any extra entries. Make sure you leave a comment for each extra entry and tell me which one.
2. Become a fan of Mkokopelli on FB, Mkokopelli on Twitter, or Follow my blog
3. Subscribe to my blog by email (on the right sidebar) You must verify and be active at the time of the giveaway- those who are unverified will become disqualified
@Mkokopelli win 2 eos sweet mint smooth sphere lip balms! Great for cold weather! Ends 10/26 http://ow.ly/uhmC
5. Enter another giveaway I have going on and tell me which one or leave a comment on a non-giveaway post (1 extra entry total)
6. Sign up for eosphere to get your $1 off coupon- then send the coupon to your friends on twitter, facebook or in an email
7. Sign up for the eos newsletter
8. Tell me an ingredient you found on one of your products that shocked you- for details read this post
9. Grab the Eco-Personal Care Button on your blog or FB page