So I did some looking around at reusable diapers and found some that I would have chosen if Ella were still in diapers. They are called Gro Baby and can be found at ecopiggy. They fit most babies 8-35 lbs.The soaker pads are made with organic cotton and the shell is waterproof. The cool thing about the diapers are that they grow with your baby!! So that means you don't have to go out and buy any new diapers for different sizes! The shell is designed to be used with multiple diaper changes, usually 2-4 are needed throughout the day. You just snap a new soaker pad in when the old one is wet. They also make a bumper pad for overnight or long car trips. Since I didn't get to try them, I asked ecopiggy to send me some me some reviews. Here are what 2 customers are saying:
"We love how the diapers grow with our child. The snap-in soaker pad makes for easy washing. ...and the fabric is SO SOFT against her sensitive skin." - Nicola Shaddon
"These diapers are great!" - Arianne Foulks
You can get the Gro Baby diaper set for $24.95 that includes 1 shell, 1 soaker and 1 bumper.
ecopiggy also carries Eco-friendly nursery items, toys, feeding, clothes, wellness, stuff for ma & pa and more! ecopiggy is run by a mom and her daughter. They believe that, "All children deserve to have the wonderful experience of super-soft organic cotton against their skin and nontoxic products near their sweet little mouths, and ecopiggy is dedicated to creating a business form that gives more than it takes... just like a loving parent."
The Giveaway: ecopiggy would like to give 1 lucky reader a $50 Gift Certificate to their store!! Though, this does not include shipping.
Rules: You have until 11:59 p.m. EST November 2, 2009 to enter. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced after they respond to the winning email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the winning email, or a new winner will be chosen. You must leave your email address! This contest is open to everyone!
How to Enter: Go to ecopiggy and tell me what you'd spend the gift certificate on. Click on "Comments" to leave your post. Make sure to leave your email address!! I cannot contact the winner without it!
EXTRA entries: You must complete the "How To Enter" before making any extra entries. Make sure you leave a comment for each extra entry and tell me which one.
2. Become a fan of Mkokopelli on FB, Mkokopelli on Twitter, or Follow my blog
3. Subscribe to my blog by email (on the right sidebar) You must verify and be active at the time of the giveaway- those who are unverified will become disqualified
@Mkokopelli win a $50 GC to ecopiggy! Ends 11/02 http://ow.ly/v78q
5. Enter another giveaway I have going on and tell me which one or leave a comment on a non-giveaway post (1 extra entry total)
6. Sign up for ecopiggy's newsletter
7. Add ecopiggy as a friend on Facebook
8. Tell me an ingredient you found on one of your products that shocked you- for details read this post
9. Grab the Eco-Personal Care Button and post on your blog or FB page!