I first found Etsy 2 years ago when I was looking for a handmade hat. I have been a photographer for 9 years and there is something about babies in hats that makes a picture perfect. Ella still looks adorable in hats, so I love buying them for her. Now that is time for Fall weather and Ella's head has grown since last season, I decided to look on Etsy for organic handmade hats and came across Rudbeckia.
I contacted Susan from Rudbeckia with a request to do a review and giveaway for her amazing hats. She truly went above and beyond to create Ella the PERFECT organic hat to match her Fall photoshoot dress. Susan even created a detachable linen rose and bow for the hat to keep it fully Eco-friendly. I'm glad I could be an inspiration for her! She was such a pleasure to work with, I can't recommend Rudbeckia enough!
Our photoshoot was Saturday and it was 85 degrees here. The hat started to make Ella warm, so the detachable rose came in handy! Not to mention it is gorgeous! Yes, she is my happy little hippy baby. I absolutely LOVE the way the hat looks on her and the vintage feel it gives the pictures.
The hat is very warm and great for colder weather. But, the rose feature is perfect for any time. The organic cotton is very soft and beautifully handknit. The hat can be gently handwashed. Ella dropped hers uptown and I was able to get the dirt off very easily. I think you can tell by the pictures what a beautiful hat Rudbeckia creates!
Rudbeckia carries handmade knit hats in sizes newborn to adults, scarves, cowls and headbands all at great prices.
The Giveaway: Rudbeckia is offering 1 very lucky reader a custom hat with their choice in color and size!!
The Rules: You have until 11:59 p.m. EST October 7, 2009 to enter. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced after they respond to the winning email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the winning email, or a new winner will be chosen. You must leave your email address! This contest is open to the US
How to Enter: Visit Rudbeckia and tell me something that you love. Make sure to leave your email address!! I cannot contact the winner without it!
EXTRA entries: You must complete the "How To Enter" before making any extra entries. Make sure you leave a comment for each extra entry and tell me which one.
2. Become a fan of Mkokopelli on FB, Mkokopelli on Twitter or Follow my blog
3. Subscribe to my blog by email (on the right sidebar) You must verify and be active at the time of the giveaway- those who are unverified will become disqualified
4. Blog, Tweet or send a message on FB and leave a link here (3 extra entries)5. Enter another giveaway I have going on and tell me which one or leave a comment on a non-giveaway post
6. Tell me one of Rudbeckia's favorite materials to use or some other info about her
7. Tell me what you like about handmade items
8. Grab Mkokopelli's Fall Week button and post on your blog or FB page