Friday, September 25, 2009

No More Passy!

I've been wanting to post about this for a while, but didn't want to jinx myself. But, it's now been a month and Ella is passy free!!! She was only allowed to have her passy at night or during naps, but somehow she was getting buck teeth. So, I decided it was time to ditch the passy. I dreaded this day for a very long time! Especially since she has issues falling asleep. The night I took it away, it was no big deal and hasn't been ever since. Want to know my trick??

I told her that Tinker Bell was going to come and get her passy to take to the babies. I told her that she wasn't a baby anymore and didn't need them. And somehow this worked!! I have heard other stories like mailing a passy to a baby or leaving them outside for the fairies to come and get them. Since she loves Tinker Bell, I thought that would be perfect. We left her passy on her nightstand and I took it in the middle of the night. She hasn't asked for it since. :)

3 comments:

  1. That's so cute. Glad you didn't have much trouble getting rid of it. My son stopped taking his at 6 months even though I wanted him to lol. He has sleep issues too and I know it would have helped but he's been teething almost non-stop for a year. Soon 18 months old and has almost a full set of teeth already. But I'm going to keep this story in mind in case I ever have another :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great!! I am think that I will have to do something soon with Jayden. He wants the passy more now then ever. He carries around a couple at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wish mine wanted to get rid of it .. I told her about 3 months ago the tinkerbell story, she just keept crying, tried the binky fairy, and she just won't swallow that thought of her giving up her passy.. she couldn't care less about what i have to say .. whenever is about giving it up, she just would not hear it

    ReplyDelete