Wednesday, September 16, 2009

National Play- Dough Day

Today is National Play-Dough Day and I am excited to share with you the best dough I have ever had the chance to play with! It's called Eco Dough, handmade by Eco Kids USA.

Eco Dough is made with plant, fruit and veggie extracts and has a fabulous aroma that kind of smells like a spa! I love how your hands smell after playing with the dough. There are no chemicals, artificial dyes or metals. So if it ends up in your little ones mouth, you don't have anything to worry about. The Eco Dough doesn't dry out like other brands and if it's left out over night, you can add a few drops of olive oil and it goes back to normal.

I've always been a big lover of Play Dough. Even as an adult, I love to sculpt little animals and figures. But, the two times that I allowed Ella to play with it, it ended up in her mouth and on the carpet. So, I was a bit nervous when we got our Eco Dough. It turned out to be a success and Ella had a blast making her creations!! Despite the wonderful smell, it didn't end up in her mouth. She loved rolling out the Eco Dough with the bamboo roller we received. I was surprised she was able to flatten the dough, but I guess I underestimate her sometimes.
I love how malleable the Eco Dough is. It's not sticky like other doughs I've played with and is really soft and squishy. The oils in the Eco Dough make it easy to create perfect balls with no cracks. That was always a problem I had with Play Doh. I love the feel of the Eco Dough and could seriously roll balls in my hands for hours! It's kind of soothing, especially with the scent. ;)

You can get the Eco Dough for $20, which has 6, 3 oz. containers with colors including pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, white or brown. They also have a Goody Bag, with a minimum of 10 bags purchased, for $8 each that includes 5 colors of Eco-dough and a bamboo rolling pin in a recycled paper bag. Great birthday party favors or presents!!

Ella also found another use for the bamboo roller:
Eco Kids USA also carries other Eco-friendly items that are just as awesome as the Eco Dough! We got to try the Eco Paint and it is great. The Eco Paint is actually powder that you can add water to in a separate container. I used old baby food jars so we could reuse the paint again. Each Eco Paint container will make 60+ ozs. of paint! You don't have to worry about it drying out or wasting unused paint. Eco Paint is a natural powder paint handmade with fruit, plant and vegetable extracts from beets, spinach, paprika, carrots, purple sweet potato, red cabbage, blueberries and tomatoes!

We also got to try Eco Colored Pencils and they were a perfect fit in Ella's hand. She was able to hold it the way she is supposed to, which was a first!! The Eco Pencils are made with recycled newspaper, wax, and natural mineral dyes which are lead free! I love the rainbow pencils that write in 4 different colors.

I highly recommend anything from Eco Kids USA!!! Be sure to check them out. I know what I'm getting Ella's friends for Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment