Potty training has been a long drawn out process for us. And after 2 months of training, I've come to the realization that I'm the one who is trained- not Ella. It all started the night she took off her diaper and went potty on the kitchen floor. I then said I'm done with diapers and it's time to move on. Not to mention the style of diaper she had been using changed the way they were made and we were having major leaks. So I did some online research and found Potty Training Concepts. I loved the idea of getting a baby doll that goes potty, but honestly we couldn't afford to purchase the doll when we had to purchase multiple potty's, potty covers, an on the go potty, plus panties and training pants. Now looking back, it was a major mistake not making that purchase. They have an awesome Complete System for girls or boys- which includes: (this is for girls)
- The Potty Patty™ girl potty training doll
- 3 "big kid" doll potty training pants
- 2 Bottles to feed Potty Patty™
- 6 specially designed Potty Training Pants for your child
- The Little Patty Potty Chair
- The Patty Toilet Potty Seat
- The Parent's Potty Training Guide:How to Potty Train in One Day for you!!
I decided to try the John Rosemond Naked and $75 Method. He is a columnist who is featured in several newspapers and happens to be featured on MomsCharlotte. His message to kick potty training in the butt motivated me to get on it. So Ella ran around naked from the waist down for a week. She had no accidents and would sit on the potty when she needed to. But, then came the problem when she wasn't naked. We are an active family and needed to get out of the house. Luckily I contacted Potty Training Concepts and they sent me some REAL training pants. Yes, I'm kicking myself in the butt for not making that purchase earlier. These are THICK wonderful training pants, that allows the toddler to feel wet and yucky, but without soaking their pants. They also have waterproof training pants that would be great for long car rides.
I also got the book Potty Training in One Day. This is something I should have read before beginning this process. It focuses on using the Potty Patty or Potty Scotty dolls for your child to teach the doll how to use the potty so they learn together. It also has great tips like create the "Big Day" to explain to your child what is expected of them during this process. I loved the consequence if they have an accident to take them back to the potty 10 times in a row to show them what is expected.
So we are stuck in limbo and now trying the tips we received from Potty Training in One Day. If you are potty training or about to, I HIGHLY recommend using Potty Training Concepts. They have unique tools for both boys and girls.
Potty Training Concepts is giving one of my lucky readers a Potty Training in One Day book & DVD along with a 3 pack of training pants
Rules: You have until 11:59 p.m. July 27, 2009 to enter. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced after they respond to the winning email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to winning email, or a new winner will be chosen. You must leave your email address! The contest is only open to USA residents.
How to Enter:
1. You must visit Potty Scotty or Potty Patty and tell me your favorite product other than the ones listed above. Click on "Comments" to leave your post. Make sure to leave your email address!! I cannot contact the winner without it!
EXTRA entries: Make sure you leave a comment for each extra entry and tell me which one.
2. Become a fan of Mkokopelli on Facebook or Mkokopelli on Twitter
3. Follow or subscribe to my blog- tell me which
4. Blog, Twitter or leave a message on FB and leave a link here (3 extra entries)
5. Are you potty training or about to be potty training?
6. Tell me the benefits of using a potty doll
Thanks to Potty Training Concepts for this great offer and for all of the advice they have given me! Good luck to everyone, this is a awesome prize!