Monday, February 9, 2009

Sleep Deprived

I feel like a mom of an infant. E has been waking up in the middle of the night for the past 3 nights. Not just once, but every 2 hours. 2 nights ago I have her some natural pain meds and they didn't do the trick. So yesterday I went and bought Motrin for older kids. It's so sad she's outgrown the infant stuff. Just another passage of becoming 2. I gave it to her before her nap and it didn't work. She screamed for 2 1/2 hours refusing to sleep. Which she was clearly exhausted and ready for a nap. But during that time I had a chance to actually clean my car for the first time since 2003. I say that year because my wedding papers were still in my glove box among anniversary cards and other things to remind me of my failed marriage. But I at least have a spotless car! I finally gave in and got Ella up. Thinking I'd get a good nights rest since she didn't nap.
I went and saw "He's Just Not That Into You" with some friends and was hoping I'd leave there liberated and able to get Matt out of my mind. The whole movie, until the end, was great. Then of course it had to get sappy and make you feel like there are exceptions to the rule. Which I didn't want to hear. I wanted to leave there telling myself he's just not that into me. But after thinking about it for a while, it did hit me and I decided to delete my myspace account so I have no ties to him anymore.
Of course during this epiphany Ella wakes up screaming. I give her more Motrin and rock her. Doesn't work. So I finally give up and put her in her crib and go downstairs. After an hour she fell back asleep. 3 a.m. comes and she's up again. I console her then do the same as above. 5 a.m. comes, she's up again. And does this again at 7. She fought her nap again today but succumbed to sleep after 30 minutes of crying. I'm thinking it's time for the toddler bed adjustment. As much as I want to keep her in her crib until she's 18, I think she's ready. I just have to wait for my tax refund before I can afford the twin mattress.
I have decided to take the scrapbook consultant job, but have to wait for my tax refund to sign up. I have to purchase a few things and open a website to get started. I'm soooo excited about it. :) Well, I'm off to play on Facebook. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment