Friday, September 12, 2008

Long day

So we got up at 7 and got ready to head to Mccormick, SC. It was a 3 hour drive so I had hoped Ella would sleep the way there. But she didn't. I had 4 vertigo episodes on the way there, so I called my doc to schedule an appointment. Something doesn't seem right. We got there a little after 11 and met at the church. We saw family we haven't seen in 15 years. It was nice. Ella had fun running around and entertaining everyone. I gave her a little piece of lemon cake and she kept running back to the table saying, "want it PLEASE!" I knew I shouldn't have given it to her. But oh well, she was being so good and I figured the sugar would keep her awake until we were ready to leave. She had an upset tummy before the service, so we decided to play outside. Her tummy got upset 2 more times, so it was a good thing we stayed out. The service was an hour! I thought it would never end. After everyone came out we met friends of Willie's that never went to see him. It was sad how many people were there and they never went to see him when he was alive. I guess I was one of them, but they live 5 minutes from him and actually knew him. I've met him twice. Mom talked to him every other week and was supposed to go see him tomorrow because she knew he wasn't going to make it much longer. Well, she was right. My cousins that I know weren't there, so that was a bummer. We left a little after 3 and headed home. Ella passed out as soon as we got into the car. She was so sweet to my granddad. She gave him lots of love. Well, I'm beat and my ears are killing me. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment