Friday, July 25, 2008

18 mo. check up

I was so tired last night after eating a wonderful meal with the Thurman's, I watched So You Think You Can Dance and went to bed. They came down for a nice visit last night and we went to Olive Garden. It was yummy!
I found out one of the coils in my engine was bad and that was causing my engine light to come on. I was in need of my 90,000 mile service and all my belts needed to be replaced. Mom was able to take care of it, ouch. There goes my Christmas, again. All of my b-day and X-mas presents from mom have gone to my car for the past 3 years. But, I'd rather have a running car than a present. I wish I could pay her back. One of these days....
We woke up at 10 and ate breakfast, took a shower and headed out to get my car. I had everything timed out so we'd get home in time for Ella to have a nap before the doctor. Of course there were issues at the dealership. First, they over charged me. So I had to deal with that. Ella went into melt down mode and threw herself on the floor and started kicking and screaming. Her arms were flailing and all. The guy came back with the correct price and the lady who went to get my car comes back to tell me they left my door open and my battery is dead. We had to wait for them to put in a new battery and Ella was being impossible. We went and sat in the loaner car and waited 30 minutes for my car. So there wasn't time for Ella to come home for a nap. I drove around for a few to let her fall asleep. I stopped by the house to pick up a few things and cleaned out my car. She woke up and was in a bad mood.
We went to the doc's and she threw 3 more tantrums there. Again, on the floor screaming and kicking. She finally calmed down before the doctor came in. I was really nervous! Ella is 28 1/2 pounds and 34 inches. In the 95 percentile still. She's off the charts for development stuff and the doctor called her a genius. :) She was amazed at the book I made and Ella showed off by naming all the animals. I was a little upset that her office is stirring up trouble for those of us who are choosing not to vaccinate. We made a "plan" to continue vaccinations when she's 2. Not sure if that plan will work, but we'll see. I don't want to change doctors because she is awesome. She is upset her coworkers are causing a fuss. She's not sure where she stands on the vaccination issue. But I'll face that when the time comes.
After the doctor we met Rachael at Old Navy to get the shoes and pants. Ella has been asking to go shopping for the past 2 days. They didn't have the ones I wanted, so they called the S. Blvd store and they had them. So we headed out there and got 2 jackets as well. Ella's aunt Charlotte sent us a 25% off coupon for Gap that works next weekend, so I think after that we will be set for fall. For those who don't know, fall is my favorite season and I'm excited it's around the corner!!!! Well, I'm going to get some work done and head to bed. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment