Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow day

So we got a tiny bit of snow at 10 last night. I took Ella out in it so she could see it for the first time. I figured it'd be gone by the morning or mush, which it is. This is what my backyard looks like. I wish I would have forced myself out of bed at 2 a.m. when I looked out and saw everything covered in white. It really was beautiful. I was really hoping we'd get a few inches and no sleet so we could play. I even got Ella some snow boots so she could experience the fun. But we are never that lucky in Charlotte. I think the last good snow was in 2004. It was enough to build my snow-woman, Frostina. She was great. But no such luck this time. So I took advantage of "being snowed in" to take Ella's birthday pictures. I still am going to take some in her outfit, but I love naked baby pics with a b-day hat. So for all my readers, you get a sneak peek at them since I won't share until after her birthday. Well I'm going to go make some hot cocoa and play some. I can't believe Ella will be 1 in 2 days. It doesn't seem real!

1 comments:

  1. Great pics! I saved Ari's hat so we could do his too! Hot chocolate sounds pretty good right about now...

    ReplyDelete