Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Brat

That is Ella's new name. She was awful today! She woke up at 4 a.m. and was ready to play. We struggled until 8:30 and finally got up. She then refused to take her morning nap and screamed over an hour before she fell asleep. After she woke up, we ran to Michael's, the pet store and to pick Abby up from the vet. She was fine while we were out. She loves the pet store. They were putting hamsters in the cage, so I asked to hold one as we were checking out. Ella went nuts over it. She pet its head and laughed when the whiskers touched her fingers. Then we got home, fought for 30 min. over a nap then went upstairs to paint some in her room. Her nursery is going to be so amazing. I never imagined it to be this beautiful. It's still no where near being done, but what is done is breath taking. I really hope we can have it done for her birthday so everyone can see. Ella was not happy at all in the crib while we painted. She screamed the whole time! Which was about 3 hours. She threw temper tantrums, throwing herself back. She was screaming, "NO!" half the time. It was awful! Then she fought sleep again and finally just went down. I tried reading on babycenter.com about tantrums, but they have nothing about it in her age. It starts at 15 mo. It is too soon for her to be telling me no and pitching a fit like this. I hope this is her terrible 2's because mom and I won't be able to take it if it gets worse. I read an article the other day about the terrible 2's and the reason behind them is that the child realizes that the world doesn't cater to them anymore and that mom is really in charge. That when they are born they believe nothing existed before them and everything was created for them. So their ego's are crushed and they act out. Everything I read about tantrums wouldn't work because a child at 15 mo. understands a lot more than she does. She still can't vocalize her needs or understand that I'm busy doing something for her. It's very frustrating. I guess I'll talk to her doctor and see what she says when we go for our check up. Maybe she'll have some ideas. I'm just scared to cave in to her tantrums and she realized that by doing that, she'll get what she wants. But then again, is screaming for 3 hours doing any good? Well, I'm off to do some cleaning I didn't get done. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

1 comments:

  1. I totally feel your pain... I don't know what to do either. We don't know if screaming does any good but we do know that it won't hurt them, thank goodness for that.

    I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully they will entertain each other and we can both get some sanity back!

    ReplyDelete