Since my internet was out yesterday, I'm late in my Thursday Adult Gifts post. So before I post Friday's Clothing Gift, I want to tell you all about Alex and Ani. This special gift can be for a loved one, your best friend, or a teen who loves jewelry. Who doesn't love jewelry?? I know I do! What makes this company stand out to me is that they believe consciousness and glamor coexist. Alex and Ani only uses recycled metals, made in the US, for each piece of jewelry that they create. I love Eco-friendly fashion!!! This is definitely a company you want to bookmark for your significant other for gift hints!
Alex and Ani's mission is to "design products that adorn the body, enlighten the mind, and empower the spirit." Alex and Ani create inspiring bracelets, necklaces, earrings, rings, and headbands. Now they have come up with the most special and unique gift- the Create Your Own Bangle Bar. This allows you to be become a designer and create the perfect set of Signature Expandable Bangles for you or your loved one! You can choose from their plain bangles with signature finishes, bangles with vintage and colorful beads, and Alex and Ani's most popular bangles adorned with personal, spiritual, and meaningful charms. Plus, you can find something that fits into your budget!
I was sent one of Alex and Ani's bangles and I knew this company was for me when I opened the box and read, "When the power of love, overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace...." - Jimi Hendrix. The quote just struck me and added even more meaning to the bangle. After being touched by the quote, I was amazed at the craftsmanship of the bangle.It comes in Russian gold or Russian Silver. I'm not a gold person, but this bangle's vintage look is more rustic than the average gold. It is adjustable and you can add multiple bangles to complete the look. There are tons of other single bangles to choose from to add to your gift. Here are some ideas to complete the set:This is what I created with the Create Your Own Bangle Bar. You can also purchase just the bangles without the charms to add a layered look.
Get 10% off at Alex and Ani by entering GREENWEEK at the checkout. It is case sensitive! The discount lasts until 11/21/2009 so hurry over and make your holiday purchases!
The Giveaway: Alex and Ani would like to give 2 lucky winners a Russian Gold Crazy Love Bangle!Rules: You have until 11:59 p.m. EST November 27, 2009 to enter. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced after they respond to the winning email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the winning email, or a new winner will be chosen. You must leave your email address! This contest is open only to the US
How to Enter: Go to Alex and Ani and tell me something else you love other than a bangle. Make sure to leave your email address!! I cannot contact the winner without it!
EXTRA entries: You must complete the "How To Enter" before making any extra entries. Make sure you leave a comment for each extra entry and tell me which one.
2. Become a fan of Mkokopelli on FB, Mkokopelli on Twitter, or Follow my blog
3. Subscribe to my blog by email (on the right sidebar) You must verify and be active at the time of the giveaway- those who are unverified will become disqualified
4. Blog, Tweet or send a message on FB and leave a link here (3 extra entries total) @Mkokopelli enter to win a Recycled Russian Gold Alex and Ani Crazy Love Bangle- 2 winners Ends 11/27 http://ow.ly/C4a5
5. Enter another giveaway I have going on and tell me which one or leave a comment on a non-giveaway post (1 entry)
6. Create an Alex and Ani bangle and let me know what you chose
7. Become a fan of Alex and Ani on Facebook or Follow on Twitter
8. Sign up for the Alex and Ani Mailing list (bottom of the screen)
9. Add my Eco-friendly Holiday Gift Guide to your blog or Facebook page
*New disclaimer: I was sent this item to review for free by Alex and Ani. This is NO way changes my opinions about the products or company. These are my thoughts, opinions and results.